Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

2014 Silverado Roof Beacon Switch

Search this Thread

Old November 16th, 2015, 10:58 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2014 Silverado Roof Beacon Switch

I have a 2014 regular cab with the plow prep package. In my overhead console there is a switch for a roof top beacon / light bar. My plan is to run power for my magnet mount light bar out through 3rd brake light. In the summer I'll have a 2nd lens to put in place when I pull light bar off. Last week I started to pull my headliner down to try to find the wire from that switch, I got the area near rear window dropped, reached up in the headliner but could not find the wire. As I worked to drop the passenger side I ripped the side curtain airbag mount so I put everything back together and walked away Has anyone ever employed this switch in a 2014/2015? What's the easiest way to get at it and how much wire do they give you? I'm thinking the best plan is to figure out how to remove the overhead console (without breaking anything else) and fish the wire back to the 3rd brake light. I haven't been able to find anything on how to remove the overhead console so any help would be appreciated