Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

2014 Silverado VS. Sierra

Search this Thread

Old April 19th, 2014, 8:46 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2014 Silverado VS. Sierra

So I've been trying to break it down between the two and really I’m seeing trim differences. However, I've seen more people complain about Sierra’s drive-line than Silverado owners. What gives? Are Sierra owners just more prissier or is there a difference in the drive-lines? Why do I see on reviews people complaining about the Sierra’s rear-end going bad within a few thousand miles and not the Silverado owners?

The real question in hand here is why would you pick the Silverado over the Sierra or other way around? I can’t see the difference other than $$$... Please help me out here, I want a work horse!

I'm sorry if this has already been covered, I'm brand new to this site and couldn't find results in the search.

Thanks in advance for your help!
Old April 19th, 2014, 12:17 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have seen both the 2104 Silverado and the 2014 Sierra and honestly believe that the Silverado is the better-looking truck of the two. Props to GM for at least trying to make them look different from each other, though.

They market the GMC for the "professional grade" industrial and commercial market; while the Chevy is aimed at recreational and agricultural buyers......or at least their advertising indicates such.

As far as I know, both trucks are built on the same assembly lines and generally have the same engines, transmissions and underpinnings -- so I don't have a clue as to why one brand would have any significant mechanical difference over the other.

P.S. As I cannot afford a new one, I'll keep on driving my 2004 Silverado awhile longer.
Old April 19th, 2014, 5:16 PM
Super Moderator

Received 511 Likes on 471 Posts

I think the sierra has a higher list price; by $400 (in Canada). Besides the minor trim differences they are the exact same truck. The factory service manual lists them together.
Comparing the 2014, I like the sierra grille and single hid headlamp better.