Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

2015 1500 4x4 HC engine issue

Search this Thread

Old September 21st, 2015, 6:51 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2015 1500 4x4 HC engine issue

New to forum so please accept this as my hello and call for help. I was going to purchase my wife a new F150 and while I was having service on my Chev 2500 she walked around the lot and fell in love with a new 1500 4x4 High Country. The truck has a 5.3 eco engine. Within a week of owning it she told me it felt like it was missing on one of the cylinders. I told her she was crazy and dismissed it.
Fast forward 6 weeks and 6000 miles and she comes to me as says she is sure it is missing. I go for a ride in it and damn if she isn't right, this whole time. So I tell her to take it to visit her mother and I would make an appointment at the dealership. Of course you know what happened. It went into limp mode a hundred miles from our house. So, now I have to eat two sht sandwiches.
She limps it home and the dealership takes it in and hooked it up to the computer. The computer showed that it had missed in the No. 5 cylinder 4852 times in just 5:26 minutes. They changed the plug and hoped it was fixed.
I drove it for two miles and took it back and they hooked it back up. It was still missing.
They have checked the pressure on all cylinders with one being a little high but none low. They have no idea what is going on with it and are going to scope the cylinders tomorrow. They told me that they may have to take it completely apart with a full tear down.
Has anyone else ran into this and do you think I am being unreasonable by telling them that I am not OK with a brand new truck being tore down.
Thanks
Rich

Sorry for rambling on.
Old September 21st, 2015, 8:04 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That is very unfortunate for a brand new truck to be back at the dealership with a problem let alone taking it apart. I don't think you're being unreasonable considering you've just bought a brand new vehicle and already looking at a possible engine rebuild.

I never buy new vehicles for a good reason so I can't relate however, your scenario is different and I would only assume some others might be having similar problems with their truck.