Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

2015 Navigation question...

Search this Thread

Old November 18th, 2014, 10:51 AM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2015 Navigation question...

I've been absolutely floored by how bad this navigation system is. You can play with the radio but you're not allowed to touch anything on the Navigation once the truck is moving. The ETA and route choice are abysmal, etc. etc. My question is in the absence of any common sense feel for the thing what is the best way to mark a place you are at as a favorite so you can return there if it doesn't really have an address. On a Garmin or Google Maps it's mindless while this thing was apparently programmed by someone who was mindless.

Is there anything on the web in the way of instructions on this nightmare? I understand from GM they know it's got problems and a fix is on the way. They also said "Here Drive" out of Nokia is the responsible party who programmed it. That is not good news since it's not the best navigation on the Windows Phone either but a little better then what they put in GM's dashboard.

Thanks...

G..
Old November 20th, 2014, 10:57 AM
CF Active Member

Has anyone gotten a 2015 truck yet that's experienced this nightmare? No answers is not a good thing...
Old November 21st, 2014, 8:00 AM
CF Beginner

I have a 2014, you can do almost anything you need to, but put in a address, while the truck is moving. But while the truck is moving, you can use voice command to enter a address. (this option comes on to the screen, while you are driving, and hit the address icon)