Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

2015 Silverado blend door motor

Search this Thread

Old March 10th, 2023, 3:42 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2015 Silverado blend door motor

Looking for some insight. I have a 2015 Silverado LT crew cab. I noticed after being in the shop after I was rear ended the heat would not switch from main blower to defrost or floor. I contacted the shop that worked on it to see if the did any work in the dash that may have affected it and they told me no. I also saw there is a “reset” after the battery is unplugged for long periods, which I tried with no results. I replaced the blend door actuator and still have the same problem. When I visualized the old motor and changed the setting it would barely move. Same after putting in the new motor. I was able to manually move the white wheel that is inside the piece the motor connects to (this has the arms on it that move the diverters) and that changed the settings. But once I reconnected to new motor I get the same results and it won’t switch again. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thank you

Last edited by wfeldman21@yahoo.com; March 10th, 2023 at 3:45 PM.
Old March 10th, 2023, 4:24 PM
CF Monarch

Received 362 Likes on 343 Posts

Welcome from Florida. Did you plug in and operate the actuator before installing it? If you did, it will need to be reset. I did that once and had to take it apart and manually move the gears to put it back in the correct position.
Old March 10th, 2023, 5:09 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by oldchevy
Welcome from Florida. Did you plug in and operate the actuator before installing it? If you did, it will need to be reset. I did that once and had to take it apart and manually move the gears to put it back in the correct position.

Yes I did operate it to see if it worked. The times spun all the way around and kept spinning for a few minutes. Then I spun the wheel manually to line up for installation. Then it seemed to work. After I turned the truck off and then started it again and moved it, it went back to only blowing out the front vents and won’t move to defrost again. I’m pretty confused here.
Old March 10th, 2023, 8:44 PM
CF Monarch

Received 362 Likes on 343 Posts

I had to take it apart to disengage the gears to manually move the gears into the correct position.