Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

20's wheels tires on silverado not brakes pulsing?

Search this Thread

Old March 3rd, 2008 | 12:07 AM
CF Beginner

Default 20's wheels tires on silverado not brakes pulsing?

I just bought 20 inch tires and wheels for my 2007 silverado (new body), put them on and they look great took them out for a test drive and the trucks tracks straight as an arrow with no wobble at all. When I applied the brake they pulsed (dum dum dum dum dum...) slowed me down but the pulsing obviously is not supposed to happen check tire sensor unit light came on. pulled them off and no rub spots , put the stock rims and tires back on and problem went away light went off. Any suggestions.
thanks.
b
Old March 5th, 2008 | 11:01 PM
rms
CF Junior Member

Default RE: 20's wheels tires on silverado not brakes pulsing?

If you bought the wheels from the Chevy dealership it is under warranty. They should upgrade the pads and if necessary, the rotors. If not be advised before you take the truck in for any work, the larger wheels will void the warranty unless the dealer did the work and re tunnedthe truck, timing, shift points, speedo etc..I have an '06 and had the same problem. Chevy has a standing problem with this. If you did not take the truck to the dealer to do the work in most cases a good set of ceramic pads will do the job. If you pull a lot of weight also get a set of after market slotted roters. This have worked for at least three other trucks I know of personally.

Forgot.. Don't forget to have the rotors turned.
Old March 6th, 2008 | 7:17 AM
CF Beginner

Default RE: 20's wheels tires on silverado not brakes pulsing?

You might have to have your computer recalibrated. If the tire and wheel size change it throws off the sensors causing the ABS to come on for traction control. If you look at some places like summit racing they have good cheep modules to recalibrate he computer or since it is new the dealership can do it, maybe even free. A while back my friend had the same problem, He had a 97 camero and he put big wheels on just the back and that car you could not keep it on the road. Go to the dealership or good friends shop and get it checked out. I am pretty sure its the problem.