Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

88 silverado starting after crash

Search this Thread

Old August 10th, 2009, 1:47 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 88 silverado starting after crash

well a few months ago I was driving my 2500 through town, my light turned green just before I got it, so i started to accelerate, I got to 15-20mph then i got hit on the passenger side quarter panel/door by a full size bronco at about 35-40mph. my engine cut out, and most of the dash went dark, my gauges froze, and the key was still on, radio died, heater went out, the battery light was still on, but the service engine, oil light, and any other lights were not. the wiring was not harmed, the ecm is still in one piece (physically), I got a new cab, the frame had no damage oddly enough, the motor/trans was fine other than my wiper fluid container and intake resonator was smashed. I put new ball joints, A-arms, tie rods, front brakes, and an axle half in. I had to put the old ecm in because the new cab didn't have one. will I have a problem with starting the truck because of the ecm, will having it unplugged for a while have solved it, or is there something else I have to do to restart the beast?
Old August 10th, 2009, 11:29 AM
Super Moderator

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Hey, silverado_svc_body,

Welcome to the Chevy Forums!

-Nothing beats a try but a failure...--just try it and see what happens.

Keep us updated.
Old August 10th, 2009, 11:57 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well, I guess I'll just leave the glovebox out until I get the rest of it together, then if it starts, i'm done if not then i pull comp out of my 90, put it in, if it goes buy new ecm, if not then go insane.