Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

93 k2500 engine build

Search this Thread

Old February 11th, 2013, 10:12 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 93 k2500 engine build

I am currently in the process of rebuilding the 350 in my 93 2500 truck. I am having it bored to a 355 and installing a summit racing rebuild kit with new pistons. I am reusing the stock crank and am upgrading to a set of cast iron world products cast iron head and roller rockers. i am installing a summit racing cam and lifter kit #k1103. I am also looking at the edelbrock tbi intake manifold and then rebuilding my stock tbi unit and installing a injector unit spacer, a tbi spacer, and venom injectors. I am not sure if that will give me the torque and upgrade in power i am looking for or if I should just go with the new holley tbi unit. I would appreciate any input you may have on my build. This is a daily driver, work truck, plow truck, and hauls a landscape trailer so i need reliability over sheer performance.
Old March 7th, 2013, 11:44 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

IMO and experience with even the smaller word products (sr or torqer)and the cam plus the edelbrock intake don't waste your money modifying the stock TBI (585 cfm or so) just go with the holley. The Holley TBI will deliver the extra air and fuel you need and its plug and play and your ECM should be ok with your mods. The Holley TBI's on my bro's 283 are 1990 units and are still going strong, I do not believe they are any less durable than the GM unit.
The last time I did a TBI was a 383 with sr torqer heads, and at the end it was holley TBI system with feedback 02 sensor and MSD 6al ignition as the factory ECM could not compansate for the mods.
As to power what you should end up with is closer to the 1996 and up Vortec 350 power level. That being said to me 350's are ok for plow trucks where you don't want wheelspin, but for trailering 400+ cid modded motors are the minimum.