Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

93 pickup mods

Search this Thread

Old January 17th, 2015, 7:18 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 93 pickup mods

I just got a 93 scsb truck off my uncle for free. ac/Cruz/power windows/locks. Has the 350 stock.

gas mileage doesn't seem to bad on the highway but in a small town making short trips running open loop most of the time its really hard on gas. I swear is takes 20 minutes idling before the cts maxed out at 280ohms with a 194 thermostat. The cts quickly showed much lower values once the engine shut off wich brings me to believe that the stand still of coolant increased in temperature. So the cts works good but. I want to mod the sensor to go into closed loop immediately. Also I want to put a heated o2 sensor mod into the truck not really sure how many amp fuse to use just to be safe.

So my question is how could I wire up a 240 ohm resistor to the Coolant Temperature Sensor? To make the computer run the engine in leaner with a switch on the dash?

Last edited by ruckus4offroad; January 17th, 2015 at 7:22 PM.