Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

94 z71 tailight and bogging.

Search this Thread

Old December 27th, 2014, 2:37 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking 94 z71 tailight and bogging.

well...

new to this. recently aquired 94 z71. Was not running well when i got it. After correcting the idle and other issues, i determined the rough running to be a fuel pump putting out 2lbs pressure. replaced it and fuel tank assembly including the filter.

it runs well at this point in city driving. however, on the hwy....it will run foir twenty min at same speed ...then slowly it will loose mph. As i try to press the accelerator, it bogs. i eventually have to "feather' the throttle back up to 3000 rpm and it will run fine for a lil bit. I have pulled 2 codes. 32 and 45. one is EGR and other says its running rich. Will a faulty EGR cause it to run rich? I know someone has put a "block off kit" Are these symptoms of a egr problem.

Also, the taillight wiring.

1. yellow brakes
2. yellow left blinker
3. l green back up
4, d green right blinker
5 brown is running lights.

Im not sure where to put the yellow brake wire. as you can tell there are 5 wires there. My tailights have 3 and a ground

all my lights work but the brake light....dont know where to connect the yellow wire. If i put with my running lights, i dont see a differewnce between them when i put on brakes. Right now i have it hooked into my left blinker. The brake lights come on fine. the blinkers work fine. However, if i put on my left blinker...and hit brakes at same time...... the blinker stops and i lose my RIGHT brake life, Vice versa if i hook the stop wire into right blinker. What am i missing as there is no difference in brightness between running and stop lights if i hook into brown

Any help would be great
Old December 29th, 2014, 3:51 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok, for those that ever see this and have these issues....Seems that the issue with running was the EGR. I was pulling codes 32 and 45. When i was done i pulled a 33. I notiuced the MAP sensor was unplugged. I drove it for about 20 min....no problems.