Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

95 C1500 Heater Control Module - Actuator .

Search this Thread

Old October 21st, 2010, 2:58 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 95 C1500 Heater Control Module - Actuator .

Hi all , first post here ,

a couple of days now the right turnknob on my heater Control module isnt reacting anymore from my Chevy C1500 from 1995 .
I cant switch from airflow to the windows or feet or in your face anymore , well **** is turning , but no reaction .

I did some research and readed about checking the electric actuator near the pedals and if no doors are locked in the box : so i taked the actuator of and the doors from the heater box are moving fine .

Now i let the actuator do its work without being connected to the heatingbox and when i turn the **** it only moves about 2 to 3 mm . I opened the actuatorcase and all looks fine inside and looks like it can work properly .

Is there a way to test If it would be the actuator itself that is in fault Or if it would be the control module ??

Is there something to fix on this module or actuator ? ( like solderjoints or something ..??? like in the wiperboard ) or is this one a not so common problem ?.

Thx in advance for any information before i buy parts that are maybe not needed .
I am in doubt now if i need to buy-order a new actuator or module , or both ...?

I wish i did got some 2e hand parts laying around here to test and switch over

Sorry for my "basic" english , i'm out of Europe .

Christof .