Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

AC problem with orfice tube

Search this Thread

Old August 2nd, 2014, 1:06 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AC problem with orfice tube

I have a 95 c/2500 I was checking the ac recovered freon open the system to check the orifice tube to see how much trash was on the screen the orifice was not all the way into the condenser. Some one could not get it to go all the way into the condenser line do they forced it into the evap line which is not good. Can not see any thing wrong with condenser but the orfice will not go in I've broke 4 could they be giving me the wrong orificei. I use to get all mine from a reliable ac parts supplier. Owner died the family could not get along so the sold out now all of the good parts guys are gone be cause the would not pay them. So I'm not sure whither they are giving me the wrong one I know that year use's two different setups one has the orfice in the evap line the other is inthe condenser the orifice is differant. Has any one had this problem? Like I said condenser is fine dose not look damaged in any way. The last one is black and white.Seams to go in good to a point then you can't force it any more and what's sticking out won't go any farther in. Do I need to get a reamer or a swedge to make sure no interference.

Last edited by Red-baron; August 2nd, 2014 at 4:47 PM. Reason: Spelling+ more info
Old August 7th, 2014, 12:45 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm going to solve the problem going to by a new condenser then when I have time il check it out if I figure it out I will post it.