Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

Aftermarket Stereo Systems

Search this Thread

Old September 13th, 2008, 10:18 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Aftermarket Stereo Systems

i have the pioneer dd navi and dvd...went with all memphis all around..and a alpine 10 powwered by a memphis baby belle..

i tried the same set up with a bazooka tube and it didnt do it for me...tell you the truth the alpine 10 sounds very nice...and accompanies the head unit and surrounding speakers nicely!!

Old September 13th, 2008, 4:26 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Aftermarket Stereo Systems

ORIGINAL: ActiveMonkey

thanks for the input. One thing i'm interested in is seeing how it would look in the car. Does anyone have a picture of the head unit in the dash?
oh, that narrows it down even more!! you'll need a double DIN head unit to fill the hole, and there are not many of those produced. otherwise, you'll end up with aftermarket piece of flat plastic to cover the opening, with your new stereo sitting in the middle. of course, color of plastic will not match the dashboard. if you want my opinion, it looks NOT GOOD. i have one. it looks rigged. double DINs are not cheap though. but then again, you can get some real fancy features with those, as they are BIG and that allows all kinds of sliding face panels, monitors, displays.

here it is. velcro - i had it cut for something else that i do not use anymore - holds stupid trim in place, or it'll rattle. Basslink hides completely under the rear bench.

View My TinyFx