Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

Alarm & power door lock install

Search this Thread

Old September 6th, 2010, 9:58 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alarm & power door lock install

Took advise from forum member, "have professional install system". Would like to share pictures. Installation went well, not DIY project! Three solid hours with knowing what it takes and having all tools and equipment. I was amazed watching installer, he was friendly and has 10 years experience installing. Everything works well, no damage and I have a warranty.
Attached Thumbnails Alarm & power door lock install-019.jpg   Alarm & power door lock install-021.jpg  
Old September 6th, 2010, 6:18 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

good choice.
might as well let someone who knows what they are doing install it.
Plus if it goes haywaire or anything, it is under warrenty.
Old September 7th, 2010, 12:16 PM
CF Junior Member

How much did they charge you? I have a 05 chevy that I am thinking about getting auto locks and an alarm.
Old September 7th, 2010, 2:25 PM
Super Moderator

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Hi 2007sl,

Welcome to the Chevy Forums.

I just recently got a Compustar professionally done. IMO, unless you are a serious tech or mechanic, the only way to go. In the event of any defects, this way the installer takes care of it free.

800$ out the door, with a remote starter. But the 2-way,and a 1-way remote come with it. Considering the Chevy dealer wanted over 380$ out the door just for two new 1-way remotes, not a bad deal.
Old September 8th, 2010, 10:06 AM
CF Beginner

Smile

Originally Posted by juddkennedy
How much did they charge you? I have a 05 chevy that I am thinking about getting auto locks and an alarm.
Hello juddkennedy, I went with an Authorized Car Alarm Dealer / Authorized Mobile Installer. I had alarm system and two electric door locks all professional installed at my home under $250.00 range.

If you live in Arizona I highly recommend calling Darrel for a quote @ 602-299-0532. Darrel is located in North Phoenix, Az. 85027
Old September 8th, 2010, 10:21 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by therewolf
Hi 2007sl,

Welcome to the Chevy Forums.

I just recently got a Compustar professionally done. IMO, unless you are a serious tech or mechanic, the only way to go. In the event of any defects, this way the installer takes care of it free.

800$ out the door, with a remote starter. But the 2-way,and a 1-way remote come with it. Considering the Chevy dealer wanted over 380$ out the door just for two new 1-way remotes, not a bad deal.
Thanks therewolf, how do you like the remote start feature? I was told I could upgrade if needed, still on the fence. Take care..
Old September 8th, 2010, 1:02 PM
CF Junior Member

not bad all, I'm going to go shopping this weekend and see what I can find.
Old September 8th, 2010, 2:14 PM
Super Moderator

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

I would recommend it to anybody. Summer or Winter, it gives you a head start on either a smoking hot or a freezing cold car interior.

It takes a little getting used to, but if you leave your A/C or heater preset, you just have to remember to put your key in the ignition before you drive away.

The two-way remote is a nice feature, allows you to see if the car is locked, running, and notifies you up to a mile away if somebody breaks in. If your phone is hooked up to the net, you can start or GPS locate the vehicle from anywhere in the world.

If you're in the Philadelphia area, Suburban Auto Sound can hook up anything from a sound system to a DVD player, XMradio, car alarm, or just a hard to find electronic part for your ride. I trust them with all my electronic upgrades.