Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

Aux Input Device

Search this Thread

Old January 28th, 2016, 9:58 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aux Input Device

I have a 2013 Silverado and Input Aux Device keeps coming up. Getting really frustrated with the radio keeps switching to Aux Input Device and I'm not even using it! I touch the band button and radio comes back. If I'm listening to XM or CD or Radio doesn't make a difference It will bump off multiple times during a song. Seems to be a problem with other peoples radios as well from what I'm seeing on this forum. What is causing this problem? Do I need to ditch the stock Radio Seems to be crap! Not very happy right now. Is this still covered under warranty?

Last edited by Weavergj56; January 28th, 2016 at 3:02 PM. Reason: add verbage
Old January 28th, 2016, 3:03 PM
CF Beginner

Found out warranty will not take care of the problem, Chevy Dealer wants $450 for a new radio. Think I will go to Best Buy and have them swap out the radio with one that's a compatible replacement.
Old January 29th, 2016, 2:50 AM
CF Active Member

That's too fast for this radio to have such issues. Couple of good aftermarket radios on ebay
Old February 3rd, 2016, 9:22 AM
CF Beginner

Smile Aux Input Device Repaired

Had a friend in my truck and was telling him about my problem with my Aux Input Device error message and my radio bumping off during listening to radio. He plugged his phone into my front jack of the radio on the face plate, the radio was going crazy, after he unplugged his phone connector from my faceplate to the radio, the radio fixed itself. I guess something was hung up on the jack causing the problem I was having with it. Lucky for me I have the USB connector in my console that that goes to the radio and I won't have to use the front radio jack anymore.