Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

Auxiliary Gas Tank

Search this Thread

Old February 4th, 2007, 12:53 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Auxiliary Gas Tank

I have an extended cab 2000 short bed truck....I want to put an auxiliary tank on it but transfer flow tells me that this truck has a frame member that kept them from making a tank for this model only.....Has any body had any experience with the in bed tanks as to how hare they are to fill. Can you fill them while standing on the ground next to the truck ? I have a roll n lock bed cover and I wonder if that is going to create a problem? Are there any brands that are cheaper than transfer flow so that I don't have to take out a mortgage just to get a few extra gallons of gas. What about the tank gauge ?

I tow a camper and I hate having to look for a station large enough to get my rig into and out of safely. Especially in small towns well away from the interstate.
Old February 5th, 2007, 3:05 AM
CF Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Auxiliary Gas Tank

You could always get a midship replacement. Basically you take out your factory tank and replace it with a bigger aftermarket tank. It gives you extra capacity while using your stock guages. I cant remember the manufacturer, but google auxilliary tank and check out some different companies.