Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

Best choice of Steps/Nerf bars for my 1500HD

Search this Thread

Old February 22nd, 2009, 5:33 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best choice of Steps/Nerf bars for my 1500HD

Hey folks, curious what people are going with for steps for their trucks. I'm leaning toward the Chrome or brushed aluminum "shiny" finish for my rig and one continuos bar. How are these things mounted as I don't want to drill. What Brands do you like and what price are they going for? Lastly, where do you buy them. Thanks
Old February 22nd, 2009, 6:10 PM
Classifieds Moderator
TruckForums Liaison

Had the Chrome Nerf bars on the 02, and 03 extended cabs and they were sweet but went with black when we upgraded to the Black Crew Cab. Don't even notice them. I'm not sure what brand they are but I know that some brands rust out real quick.

Oh yeah we didn't have to drill at all
Old February 22nd, 2009, 11:17 PM
CF Junior Member

I purchased the brushed stainless steel units from Natsa at runningboardwarehouse. These are 100% stainless including all of the hardware and brackets so corrosion is not a big issue. That was important to me as we use salt on the roads here in the winter. I've seen others rust pretty quickly.

I paid $350 for mine and they installed in about 1 hr using the existing body mounts so there is no drilling.