Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

blower motor flow help please

Search this Thread

Old September 10th, 2011, 12:50 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default blower motor flow help please

I have searched and searched and can't seem to find anything on this...

2000(old body style) chevy 2500 crew. My problem is that when my temp **** is turn all the way to the cold side good airflow comes out the vents in all positions(vent, floor, defrost, ext) but when I start turning the temp **** to the hot side I loose all vent flow. I have the dash tore apart, my heater blower motor works fine in all speeds, all the actuators, that I can find, are working. I pulled the heater core down far enough to visualize the door opening and closing when the temp **** is turned from hot to cold or vise versa. The blower motor stays the same speed just doesn't push any air out, but then again, if I turn the **** to the cool side then I have lots of flow. Any idea's? This is really starting to kick my butt! Nothing seems plugged, and I had the heater core and coolant system flushed and services a few months back.

Thanks for any help.
Old November 3rd, 2011, 5:04 PM
CF Veteran

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I posted something related to this in another thread about defrost door doesnt open. sounds like your problem too. you get air but no flow. blocked doors.