Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

Body lift????

Search this Thread

Old February 7th, 2011, 9:07 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Body lift????

Hey all I am new to the forum and would like to know i anyone knows whats better between the 3" body lift from Performance Accessories or from Zone Offroad? I currently have a 6" from RCD and LOVE it the only thing is my front tires rub a little when I am offroading and it is really frustrating. I have always steered away from body lifts but I feel it might be the best thing I can do... Any suggestions would be great!!!!! Thanks all.
Old February 7th, 2011, 9:52 PM
Super Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i have the PA lift on my truck.. it was pretty easy.. only been on since last summer..
Old February 8th, 2011, 12:46 PM
CF Active Member

What's to know? The real issue is what kind of wheeling you do. Big tires and a lift to accomodate them is contradictory issue. The big tires help you go over bigger stuff, but the lift and the tires make it easier for your more top heavy rig to tip over when you go over the bigger stuff.
Another issue is sight lines, the higher you lift your truck the less you can see near your truck, so picking your way through a rutty, rocky road can be more problematic.
I even find trying to park between the lines in a store parking lot is pretty much like working blind after you make the first turn into the space to back up and straighten out. I have the extended cab so this is a bit more of a problem than a smaller wheel base pickup.
Old February 9th, 2011, 6:51 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by gotstylez
i have the PA lift on my truck.. it was pretty easy.. only been on since last summer..
Yea I was looking at that one and it didnt seem to hard to install. The Zone was a little cheeper though and looked to be the same thing.
Old February 9th, 2011, 6:53 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by basilkies
What's to know? The real issue is what kind of wheeling you do. Big tires and a lift to accomodate them is contradictory issue. The big tires help you go over bigger stuff, but the lift and the tires make it easier for your more top heavy rig to tip over when you go over the bigger stuff.
Another issue is sight lines, the higher you lift your truck the less you can see near your truck, so picking your way through a rutty, rocky road can be more problematic.
I even find trying to park between the lines in a store parking lot is pretty much like working blind after you make the first turn into the space to back up and straighten out. I have the extended cab so this is a bit more of a problem than a smaller wheel base pickup.
I also have the Ext cab and have a little trouble parking sometimes but never too bad. I do a little of everything when it comes to offroading. I am not a real big fan of rock crawling or going over really big and steep obstacles though.
Old February 9th, 2011, 8:24 PM
Super Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

really i think your gettign teh SAME thing in each kit..your just paying for the brand name.. and whoever has trouble with parking on a 6" lift cant drive.. i'v parked trucks in a kroger parkin lot with 12" of lift.. wasnt hard..inless u get in a tight spot..