Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

Body Lift vs. Warranty

Search this Thread

Old October 23rd, 2007, 5:55 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Body Lift vs. Warranty

I have an 05 Silverado and I want to put a 3 inch body lift on it. Is there any other way of lifting it without voiding the factory warranty? All I'm looking for is about 3 inches for a bigger tire clearance.
Old October 24th, 2007, 9:50 AM
CF Pro Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default RE: Body Lift vs. Warranty

with an 05 it must be just about off warranty....but MOST dealership wont bother you for a body lift....this does not alter ANY driveline components or axles, and factory suspension.......

HOWEVER, you do open up a gate for which the dealership can say since your truck is modified you abuse it and therefore the abuse causeed the breakage....not likely to happen but Ive seen it in the past.....lastly Ask you local stealership to install it for you, then since they did the work they will have to warranty it....we do at least even on our 6-10 suspensions lifts...as long as we do the install.
Old October 24th, 2007, 7:20 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Body Lift vs. Warranty

Thanks for the advice. I puchased the truck used about a year ago. I went ahead and got theextended platinum warranty.Thats whyI'm so concerned about what I do toit. I see info on these car sites where people purchase brand new vehicles andjust go and put all kinds of mods (K&N, throttles body spacers, lift kits, etc)and I wonder about their warranties.