Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

bogging problem

Search this Thread

Old October 29th, 2007, 11:45 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bogging problem

Hello to all on the forum!! I'm looking for some help with my 2001 z-71 4x4 with a 5.3. My quetion is this, i seam to have a real bogging problem. i can't turn my tires over for love or money!!(on dry pave). Befor i bought it i test drove other trucks of similar years and power trains and they had a ton of low end power! The truck i bought had hug mudder tires on it, i thought once i get the stock size back on that it would help my bottom end but it did not! To me it feels like my torgue converter is locking up to soon. Once i have the rpm's up a little it "loosens" up and goes like hell. This is saving my tires and keeping the tickets away, but i would still like for my truck to perform the way it is intended to!! Any help would be very nice, thanks in advance.
Old October 29th, 2007, 11:47 AM
CF Pro Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default RE: bogging problem

my guess is it has a 3.42 gear ratio, and the other you drove had 3.73 or 4.10....could be needs a tune up... check the air cleaner, and plugs....
Old October 29th, 2007, 1:55 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the 3:73 gear ratio, air cleaner is good, but i'll check on the plugs!! forgot to mention runs smooth and still has good fuel milage.
Old October 29th, 2007, 2:56 PM
CF Pro Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I really never thought GM were particularely good off the line anyhow, never got going till around 2500-3500 RPMs, I dont know what it used to drive like, but going to smaller tires wont make a huge difference, if its running smooth then everything is prolly good, the locking rear diff, if eqwuipped will make your truck V hard to spinn off the line anyhow, its job is to make it NOT spinn and it is very good at it.