Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

bose speakers for 2000

Search this Thread

Old April 30th, 2008, 4:24 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bose speakers for 2000

just wondering how hard it would be to install bose speakers in my 2000 z71... what all would i need to replace, just speakers or would i need the radio that came in a vehicle equipped with bose??
Old April 30th, 2008, 8:08 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: bose speakers for 2000

If it is just the speakers you are changing out then just get the same size speakers you have now only bose of course. If your using the stock head unit and are happy with that sound quality than of course just keep it in. If you want to hear teh Bose speakers true potential then get either a head unit that works to their decibel level and frequency response. And you have to take the door panel off to get to teh door speakers in case you didnt know. i switched all my speakers out of my 98 silverado and it wasnt that hard. i had a stock tweeter on both doors and the kicker 5.5's had their tweeter too. the backs were the easiest to install for me because it was pulling plastic off and some screws and electrical work and tap plastic back. I did it actually in a home depot parking lot lol. I then added a 1200 watt amp and 2 kicker 12's but sold em because my back window's sealant(sliding back window piece) came undone and the back window popped out from the pressure... and now i got a single 10"square. and run dual batteries. But for your mod just make sure you have a lot of time for the doors and dont do it at 6 pm because you will run out of light. and the backs should be easy too. have fun and let me know how much your spending on the bose speakers because from what ive seen they are a pretty penny. real pretty penny