Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

brake control

Search this Thread

Old September 29th, 2005, 4:31 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default brake control

I'm putting brake control on my '99 silverado c 1500 and am not getting color of wires from prewired tow package to match up with rear connector. I have brown for running lights, green for right turn, yellow for left turn, white for ground, and what's left are one light green and one light blue. Should I not have a red coming out of the wiring harness? Or is the light green the same as red? Also where under the left side of the dash does the controller pigtail plug in?Thanks, ozbo
Old December 3rd, 2005, 11:37 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default brake control

What type of control are you using? The connecter plugs in under the dash on the drivers side. Look around the steering column. What type of trailer will you be towing? I found the effort to be easier by taking my truck to a trailer dealer and having them set it up for me. I hate to mess with the electrics. Especially when it comes to trailering safety.