Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

To Buy Or Not ?

Search this Thread

Old February 21st, 2008, 11:25 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default To Buy Or Not ?

I Currently own a 1991 Silverado that has served me well. As I am getting close to retirement, I am trying to decide what my last truck will be. I have had a lot of trouble with my wifes Impala, ( and very expensive repairs) so I am not sure if I want to got with the Chevy or the Nissan. By the way, I have always owned Chevys up till now. Any of you guys that have a new(er) Silverado, would you buy again, and what sort of miles and problems have you had? Thanks in advance.
Old February 21st, 2008, 11:48 AM
CF Junior Member

Default RE: To Buy Or Not ?

I have not had any problems with my 2007 new body style silverado, i am very very happy with it. I have about 12,500 miles so far so the motor is well broken in, and like i said, no problems yet. I would definately recommend this pickup to friends or anyone else who asks! Hope this helps!
Old February 21st, 2008, 4:49 PM
CF Junior Member

Myself i wouldn't own any other kind of pickup even if you gave it to me,I am so used to these,drove a chevy custom back in the early 80's and drove dad's old GMC in the 90's now my own one.
No problems here either 2007 classic C1500 Z71 4x4 with the 5.3 litre(13,500 miles)and i have done some modifications but am getting 18.5 to the gallon average on mixed driving!!!
Sometimes 21 hwy.
Heres some questions to ponder the new chevy pickups (and this is the new body style),came out in 07 the year of mine but both were offered(CLASSIC AND NEW STYLE),The 5.3 litre(NEW STYLE) and up chevy pickups come with what is known as AFM>or active fuel management,Now i heard you say you are retiring but that does not mean you don't like a nice performance sounding exhaust and with the AFM everyone is finding that when fuel saving mode is active if you have made exhaust modifications it pretty much souds horrible.
Second thing buy one 1 or 2 years old and save a bundle.
And third just posted an article on here about a guy who just passed 1 million miles on his chevy pickup,So for me thats encouraging!!!
Plus if you buy a chevy you get to come here and chat with all these wonderful people like me!!!What could be better.
Old February 21st, 2008, 9:11 PM
CF Senior Member

My 2007 new body style pickup is great!! I have just over 15,000 miles on it with no problems. The paint is a little weak, it scratches and chips easy and the seats attract everything you dont want them to, but besides that, Ive had no problems with it whatsoever.
Old February 22nd, 2008, 11:49 PM
likinit2

I put 32000 miles on my 06 1500 crew with a 5.3,Really nicetruck GREAT MPG! Traded it in for a 2008 1 ton crew.

My wifes 99 z-71 short box 4x4 just hit 200,000 miles. Just had the first major repair of a transmission overhual. Still runs looks and drives great
Old February 22nd, 2008, 11:52 PM
CF Junior Member

I have an '07 new bodystyle 1500 ext. cab 5.3 V8 with AFM, 18,000 miles on it. I get about 18 mpg with mixed driving, and about 22 on the highway doing 70-75. The only problem I've had with it is one of the sensors in the drivers side door for the remote lock/unlock went out. My truck wouldnt lock/unlock with the remote and I knew the battery couldnt be dead, tried with both sets of keys. But the wierd thing is when I started it up i kept getting this message "Service Tire Monitor System" on the dash. I checked all the tires and they were at 32psi each. I hit the onstar button for them to do an on the spot diagnostic and they found nothing wrong from what they could check, they said see my dealer. So I brought it in and after about 30 min. they said the door sensor was out and they'd order the part. They gave me a rental car for 2 days and it was all covered under warranty of course. Thats the only problem I've had but other than that I've been extremely happy with it. Support domestic manufacturers and go witht the Chevy!