Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

a/c heater help

Search this Thread

Old January 26th, 2012, 1:37 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default a/c heater help

pretty much new here and i think i posted in the wrong section earlier but could use some info. my 95 chevy truck always blows out the defrost vent when the fan is on. the mode actuator works and will switch from the floor, vent and defrost. air will blow out of each one when switched like it is supposed to but blows out of the defroster on each setting as well, like 50/50. anyone got a clue what might be the problem. thanks for the help
Old January 26th, 2012, 3:01 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> old skule,

It may not be switching between the modes completely. I suggest you take your vehicle in for an inspection. A better diagnosis can be offered by a certified technician after a physical inspection.

Keep us posted.

If you have any additional questions, please feel free to contact me.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old January 26th, 2012, 4:26 PM
CF Pro Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ink pen or some such odd thing dropped down thru the grate and holding that defroster door partially open.

Allan