Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

C1500 lurching after cold start

Search this Thread

Old January 11th, 2016, 12:10 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default C1500 lurching after cold start

I have a 1996 Chevy C-1500 Cheyenne standard cab 2WD, 4.3 liter six cylinder Vortec with automatic transmission and 110,000 miles. The truck starts perfectly. About a week ago it started lurching a bit for just the first few miles after being started cold. After maybe 5 miles it runs smoothly as usual. I gave it a tuneup last December including new plugs, wires, cam position sensor, ignition module, rotor, cap and PCV valve. Only about 4000 miles have been put on it since. Transmission was serviced with filter change at 100,000 miles. Changed the fuel filter a few days ago. Old filter had been on for about a year. There was a very small amount of what I suppose was water in it, half a dozen or so specks was all I saw. Dropped some Heet in the gas tank. It has not corrected the problem.

No check engine light is on. Any ideas what the problem might be?
Old January 11th, 2016, 8:25 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default intake gaskets?

Did some digging here and elsewhere and found that leaky intake gaskets are often the problem. As they warm up they expand and reseal the leak. Guess I'll be taking it to a shop tomorrow to confirm whether or not that's the problem. If it is it looks like a pricier fix than I was hoping for.