Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

cab/ marker lights

Search this Thread

Old January 20th, 2013, 2:59 AM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cab/ marker lights

i just got marker lights for the cab of my 02 2500hd silverado. just wondering if anyone else has done this and if there is any tricks or anything i should no about before doing this myself. im also not sure how to take down the headliner so if anyone knows how to do that please let me no.
Old January 20th, 2013, 9:00 AM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wanna say it's pretty straight forward. Just make sure he holes are cut right and you seal it up very very very good or your headliner will be comin down on ya next good rain. I think the headliner, once you take the lights and grab bars down, are just held in with those dang pop clips. It'll be a pain to take down but just pull
Old January 27th, 2013, 7:23 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BigRed922
i just got marker lights for the cab of my 02 2500hd silverado. just wondering if anyone else has done this and if there is any tricks or anything i should no about before doing this myself. im also not sure how to take down the headliner so if anyone knows how to do that please let me no.
I went to a dealer lot and took measurements from a new truck. Ordered my lights from Recon. Measure 3 times and drill once. Use painters tape when drilling holes.

Took me about an hour, the kit was simple, taking apart the inside requires patience. You will have to remove shades, a pilar covers, overhead console, headliner will pop away from the windshield area.

The wires run to the passenger side and hook up in the area on the lower right side of the dash, it will look like a fuze box area. Use a test light with the headlight switch in the on position to find the right plug in.

Hope this helps.