Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

CDR valve question

Search this Thread

Old January 23rd, 2007, 7:37 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CDR valve question

I have a 1995 chevy 2500 6.5 td. My cdr valve similar to a PVC valve is leaking oil and throws it back into my intake and through the turbo. I am wondering what is going on. I am going to replace the cdr valve but ama little confused. Could there be something wrong with my turbo as well. I lost my turbo actually last week. if anyone could help that would be great thanks

-tyler
Old January 23rd, 2007, 7:52 PM
CF Beginner

Default RE: CDR valve question

How much oil is it putting into the turbo elbow? It should be putting a little bit in but nothing excessive....

I posted about your wastegate issue in your other thread....

You may want to come over to dieselplace.com and do some reading in the 6.5 section....that site is dedicated to GM trucks with diesel engines.....more knowledge over there than many GM certified techs have....
Old January 23rd, 2007, 11:33 PM
CF Beginner

thanks i will check that site out appreciate it and as for the wastegate problem i think it is a vaccum leak....i grounded out on the wastegate when changing my batt......and it burnt a hole in the wastegate that houses the wires...i figured it was nothing and wouldnt cause a problem.....im going to try to solder it shut tomorrow...thanks again
Old January 25th, 2007, 8:17 PM
CF Junior Member

Definately head over to Diesel Place they have everything under the sun for diesels and a tech section dedicated to 6.5's. Use the search feature and you will be sure to find what you need!!

-- Rick