Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

Changing WT Front End

Search this Thread

Old April 6th, 2011, 2:24 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Changing WT Front End

Anyone have a pic of their 1/2 ton 2007 or newer silverado with chrome bumper caps or ends. I have never seen one. I have a WT front end and was thinking about putting a chrome package front on it. Grille, bumper and my color end caps or keeping the black end caps on? Has anyone done this, chrome grille and bumper with the WT black end caps?

What I would really like to do is put a 2011 full chrome bumper from a 3/4 ton truck. Any one know if this can be done? Thanks Bill
Old April 7th, 2011, 6:15 AM
CF Beginner

Bill, mine is a 2010 WT. I bought it a year ago for a "rain truck" becasue my other two are show vehicles (not driven in the rain, Corvette and H3). After I bought it, I said I can't drive no "ugly truck" so this is what I have done. If you are interested, please send me a post at CorvetteOJ@AOL.COM and I will explain everything. Good luck with your decision.
Name:  DSC00824.jpg
Views: 239
Size:  83.8 KB
Old April 7th, 2011, 6:18 AM
CF Beginner

I forgot to include this with the first post. This is a picture of the truck when I drove it off the dealership lot in March last year.
Name:  Silverado3.jpg
Views: 173
Size:  24.1 KB
Old April 12th, 2011, 3:09 PM
CF Beginner

CorvetteOJ,
I like your truck, it is very nice. Its a little to busy for me, no offence. I did order a chrome insert for the grille, so we'll see what that does. Like I said please dont get mad, I do like your truck and think it looks nice, just not for me.
Old April 13th, 2011, 6:40 AM
CF Beginner

No problem Bill. I have always danced to a different drummer when it comes to my vehicles. As a matter of fact, the Silverado was supposed to be my "rain truck." I have two other show vehicles that I don't drive in the rain. One is a 2003 50th Anniversary Corvette and the other is a H3 Hummer. I bought both of them new and over the years have turned them into show vehicles. Both of them together have over $80,000 in mods and accessories, most of which only contributes to appearance. When I bought this "rain truck," it was too ugly to drive so I had to make a few mods. Now my wife is concerned that I won't drive this one in the rain. I only shared the pics with you to show what could be done with a WT. Somewhere in the middle is where you evidently want to be. Trust your instincts and personality, they will get you there. Good luck, send me a post if ever have any questions about upgrades or mods. I am always good for an opinion.