Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

Chevy,Ford,Dodge,Nissan,Toyota??????

Search this Thread

Old July 3rd, 2007, 11:39 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Chevy,Ford,Dodge,Nissan,Toyota??????

so...no one has any input about the chevy truck and why they like it better than
Ford,Dodge,Nissan,Toyota?
Old July 4th, 2007, 6:51 PM
CF Junior Member

Default RE: Chevy,Ford,Dodge,Nissan,Toyota??????

I will not buy a Ford. I drive them in my part time job. The heavy trucks eat brakes/front ends and the interiors are cheap. We have just gotten 4 new ones in the last several months and already 3 of them have had to go to the dealership for engine/fuel pump troubles. In my full time job,[ Fire Capt./Safety Officer], I drive a Dodge Hemi every day. It will not pass up a gas station and the interiors are also cheap. I did go and drive a new fully loaded Hemi at the dealership and it was not much better. As for the Toyota I am over 6ft 2 and there was hardly any head room and I drove a loaded out truck. Also I was just not comfortable with all/everything being all new. Plus try dealing price on the new Toyota 5.7. I took delivery of my new 07 Silverado at the end of May.
Old July 5th, 2007, 5:03 PM
CF Beginner

I dont mind the new Dodge I think there alright. I argee with Fireguy8 that the Fords are not very well built.The Tundra on the other hand is a JOKE. Im 18 and work as porter at Toyota sorry to say (thats whyim leaving to find another job) and the Tundra is a piece of SH!# THEY HAVE A SAD EXCUSE 5.7 AND "BIGGER PARTS THEN THE "COMPITION" AND IS A JOKE". I will always stay with my 83 Silverado and always buy a Silverado. [8D]
Old July 5th, 2007, 5:13 PM
CF Pro Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: 2001dodgeram1500

so...no one has any input about the chevy truck and why they like it better than
Ford,Dodge,Nissan,Toyota?
for me here are a few point that chev has over the competiotion....also read road and track, car and driver, both put the chev ahead of all the competition....

better gas milage....DOD shuts down half the cylinders
locking rear diff....huge for winter driving..
onstar
stabilitrak standard on crew cab (if that is what you looking at)
fit and finish
WARRANTY best of all
ride.......best of all...Ford next closest...
hyroformed frame (front gives the nice ride)
fully boxed frame (again nicer ride)
pulls more then anyone else (yes even toyota, they only pull their advertised 10500lbs with a @wd reg cab long box truck) the chev can do it in crew cab trim if needs be
autotrac for 4wd standard on Chev no one else
payload over 2000lbs....next closest Ford LOL at 1630

as for Toyota...look for the recent problems they are having with crankshaft problems, engine mount problems, etc...

that is a few if that is not enough let me know I will give you some more

Old July 5th, 2007, 5:16 PM
CF Pro Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: chevyforlife

I dont mind the new Dodge I think there alright. I argee with Fireguy8 that the Fords are not very well built.The Tundra on the other hand is a JOKE. Im 18 and work as porter at Toyota sorry to say (thats whyim leaving to find another job) and the Tundra is a piece of SH!# THEY HAVE A SAD EXCUSE 5.7 AND "BIGGER PARTS THEN THE "COMPITION" AND IS A JOKE". I will always stay with my 83 Silverado and always buy a Silverado. [8D]
the bigger parts is cause they need them the truck is way heavier hence the bigger brakes.....takes the same distance to stop a toyota and GM...the 4wd is no where near advanced as the GM, and the read pinion again needs to be huge, the truck is huge....and you want bad milage get the 5.7......think the hemi is bad....even the half ton chev with a huge 6.0 and 367 horse gets better then the 5.7