Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

Clunking sound possibly coming from suspension?

Search this Thread

Old June 3rd, 2010, 4:28 PM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clunking sound possibly coming from suspension?

I noticed it a few days ago. Once in a while I would get a clunking sound. It felt like it would do this every time I hit a bump but couldnt really tell. But now it seems like it hits randomly. Like I was slowly taking off and it clunked. And then I was randomly driving and it clunked. I hit a few big bumps and it didnt clunk and then I hit a bump and it clunked. I thought it was just my exhaust because its broken right after the muffler and my tail pipe is loose.

When I shake the truck side to side really hard, I hear this clunking noise but I cant judge where its coming from. It kinda sounded like it was coming from the front drivers side wheel. But when im driving around, it sounds like its coming from the back. A week ago someone put a zip tie on my driveshaft and thought they would play a prank on me. Would this clunking sound be another prank of some kind or maybe somebody loosened something? The truck has 250,000 miles.
Old June 3rd, 2010, 8:08 PM
dad
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

250,000 miles I think the truck deserves a clunk now and then--lol J/K-- I would have a friend shake it while I climbed under it and tracked the clunk down.

Hope this helps Dad