Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

Code P0102

Search this Thread

Old July 5th, 2021, 7:00 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Code P0102

Hello and I hope everyone had a good 4th, so my problem I am having with my 99 Chevy Silverado 1500 with the 5.3 is I was having trouble accelerating, truck felt like it had lack of power. Pulled code and got the p0102 so I bought a new mass air flow sensor and hooked it up. Still getting the code even after resetting the battery. Now the truck has problems starting and when I do get the truck started it sounds like it wants to bog down and shut off until I unplug the sensor and it idles great, but once I hit the gas is when it has hesitation and as soon as I let my foot up it feels as If the truck lurches forward and is ready to go. I have looked everywhere for a vacuum leak, what else should I be looking at, spark plugs, fuel pump, could it be the wire harness itself for the sensor. If I could get pointed in the right direction that'll be great. Thanks in advance everyone.
Old July 5th, 2021, 9:23 AM
CF Beginner

Update... Just replaced the MAP sensor and I am now able to start the truck with the MAF sensor connected. But when I hit the gas the truck doesn't move and it slowly bogs down. With the sensor disconnected the truck still idles fine but hesitate upon acceleration.
Old July 5th, 2021, 11:27 AM
CF Monarch

Received 138 Likes on 130 Posts

Originally Posted by mcivatte
Hello and I hope everyone had a good 4th, so my problem I am having with my 99 Chevy Silverado 1500 with the 5.3 is I was having trouble accelerating, truck felt like it had lack of power. Pulled code and got the p0102 so I bought a new mass air flow sensor and hooked it up. Still getting the code even after resetting the battery. Now the truck has problems starting and when I do get the truck started it sounds like it wants to bog down and shut off until I unplug the sensor and it idles great, but once I hit the gas is when it has hesitation and as soon as I let my foot up it feels as If the truck lurches forward and is ready to go. I have looked everywhere for a vacuum leak, what else should I be looking at, spark plugs, fuel pump, could it be the wire harness itself for the sensor. If I could get pointed in the right direction that'll be great. Thanks in advance everyone.
Do you have any leaks in the intake system?
Old July 5th, 2021, 1:08 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 92 Likes on 83 Posts

Where did you purchase the MAF sensor?
You need to be careful/ fussy because imported crap is defective in the box.
Old July 5th, 2021, 2:15 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by hanky
Where did you purchase the MAF sensor?
You need to be careful/ fussy because imported crap is defective in the box.
from auto zone, it's a duralast.
Old July 5th, 2021, 2:20 PM
CF Beginner

I haven't found any leaks in the intake, I went around and made sure all bolts were snug. I have a 99 gmc 1500 for a parts truck. Was thinking of dropping the gas tank and switching the fuel pump.