Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

Completely New To Trucks - Help!!

Search this Thread

Old October 8th, 2014, 2:06 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Completely New To Trucks - Help!!

Hi everyone.Great forum.Very informative.

The lease on my current SUV is very close to its end.I am therefore very much in the Market for a truck.After much research, test drives we have decided that a Silverado is the way to go for us.

The story however does not stop there!Our problem is which flavour to get and how much to pay.As much as I would love to I can’t afford to buy.If I could I would. Leasing is the option for us.

Which truck?Well we have narrowed that down to either (and I hope this dealer stuff makes sense to you)

1LZ-LTZ Preferred Equipment Group
1 SZ-Texas Edition Package Discount
MSRP $48,140

2LZ-LTZ 2 Preferred Equipment Group
$47,890

Both come with Nav, Leather, Program Seats – The second one actually looks better spec if I look at the window sticker?Does that make sense?I post a picture of both stickers if you like.

First question is.They are both great trucks.But which one IS the better spec? Any help here would be appreciated.

Second question is. What kind of leases are you guys getting on these.I am being quoted 2.5k down and 550 a month.

Any other info you may have would be appreciated.
Old October 8th, 2014, 4:19 PM
CF Junior Member

If you can afford it, go for the first one. However if it was me I'd stay away from it if it has AFM (active fuel management). If it does, make sure the warranty is good and your not prepared to keep it a long time.. I have heard these motors love oil and eat themselves due to the extra moving parts of shutting cylinders off and on.
Old October 8th, 2014, 6:05 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Don't even think of paying anything close to sticker if you buy it -- and be sure to watch the "capitalized cost" figure on any lease agreement.

Leasing can save you money, but you might get hosed - big time - if you don't read the fine print, limit your mileage and do your homework.

Caveat Emptor!!
Old October 8th, 2014, 6:34 PM
CF Pro Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You had better wait and see how many scabs you end up with on this current lease. No, leasing is NOT the way to go.

Allan
Old October 8th, 2014, 7:33 PM
CF Beginner

Thanks for the info so far guys - I would be interested to know what payments others are making on something similar.
Old October 9th, 2014, 7:42 AM
CF Beginner

Anyone have any further thoughts?