Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

Dead battery on my 2004 gmc 2500hd 6 liters

Search this Thread

Old August 13th, 2011, 9:35 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Dead battery on my 2004 gmc 2500hd 6 liters

The battery in my truck went dead once last summer without reason. and then again once this summer and when I charged the battery this time the low headlights and four way flashers were flashing as if the anti theft went on but without the horn. After a while it stopped and I started the engine and everything looked ok and it runs fine again since. Earlier in the spring as I got out of the truck once I heard relay clicking and the lights and flasher were flashing so I got back in it and restarted it and it stopped, if I had'nt noticed it would have probably killed the battery then too. It is getting that I am afraid to go to the back country with it and getting stuck, and with hunting season coming I wille be spending some time at the hunting cabin like every fall. If someone has an idea of the snag I would be very happy. Iam a retired electro mechanichal technician so I have some knowledge but I am stumped with this one. THANKS