Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

Dead in water

Search this Thread

Old December 14th, 2014, 8:55 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dead in water

Ok so I just bought a 94 chevy 1500 extended cab 4x4 with the 5.7 from a buddy....im having issues with a ground?...maybe...ok so the deal is when I drive the truck without lights heat or radio everything is fine but as soon as I turn anything on my amp gauge drops almost to nothing battery light flashes lights flash and when I turn it off it will not start just hear a clicking sound from starter...with just a few seconds of jumper cables or battery charger it fires right off..and amp gauge will stand strong untill I turn on light...etc...if anyone may have an answer or a solution or
even an idea it would be greatly appreciated
Old December 15th, 2014, 12:06 PM
CF Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Had and 89 Chevy with issues along those same lines, check all your grounds. Mine was a block to frame ground strap that was always loose, threads in the block were stripped. Possible to your alternator isn't spitting out enough power. had that happen to my little tuner car I have. Ran fine until I turned the headlights on.