Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

in dire need of another mechanics help

Search this Thread

Old January 5th, 2006, 2:51 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default in dire need of another mechanics help

Ok here's the deal. 01 silverado 5.3 passlock 2, astroflex 2100 remote starter was in it when I got it and it wouldn't start. first thing I did was remove the r/s and reconnected the wires. Still no start it seems like it wants to die right afte. I have read other forums from xtrememeasures and other people on the subject have tried to find the resistance by cutting yellow wire and test key side with orange black wire and I get No resistance!! shouldnt I get resistance if I set all the wires back to factory ( and if I am not getting any do I need an ign. switch or to have a dealer look at it did I set it into LONG TAMPER MODE or re-redid something when I disconnected the bypass module. it tries to run and then dies. It is driving me crazy and I have had my grandpas truck for a week and I am lost. I am in need of some help guys. the security light blinks when the key is in I have tried on another silverado and the light goes off when the key is in but not on my grandpas (on another note on the subject) the drivers side door lock switch works but the drivers door soesnt open (i don't think it has the programmable locks or at least it doesn't respond to the on-off blinker lever test proc) would this have something to do with it. desperately seeking solution .....Brocsbar