Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

Done with Chevy

Search this Thread

Old April 10th, 2014, 5:19 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by meric
Thanks for the input. I was contacted by a GM rep. Maybe my faith in GM will be renewed. At least, they are concerned enough to contact me.

Then again ,, I guess not. Gotta truck for sale.
Old April 12th, 2014, 6:37 AM
CF Beginner

Worked for Chrysler for 10 years all I did was transmissions, seen cars rolling off the car carrier with the trans DOA (A604), I have to say transmissions are every car manufactures problem. Nobody services there trans, they beat them up in the snow, then in the hot summer the fluid cooks and then they never change oil and filter.
Old April 13th, 2014, 7:32 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by CCLB4X4Dually
Worked for Chrysler for 10 years all I did was transmissions, seen cars rolling off the car carrier with the trans DOA (A604), I have to say transmissions are every car manufactures problem. Nobody services there trans, they beat them up in the snow, then in the hot summer the fluid cooks and then they never change oil and filter.
Gm recommends changing transmission fluid every 50000 miles . Mine only had 40000 miles when it went out. As far as being rough on it, I drive my jeep which i bought brand new in 1995 and beat it up pretty bad. has over 110000 miles on it . never had a problem. I guess it comes down to customer service. GM told me dealership has final say in how they help me. My dealership has a reputation for not being helpful.
Old April 13th, 2014, 3:32 PM
CF Active Member

save the grief - buy a Ford
Old April 13th, 2014, 5:51 PM
CF Pro Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Pugly
save the grief - buy a Ford

Yep, couldn't agree more. In the last decade, Chevy has really gone into the toilet.

Allan
Old April 13th, 2014, 7:54 PM
Administrator

Received 43 Likes on 43 Posts

No doubt you will more than happy with your new Ford engine that randomly shuts down...Ford Sued Over EcoBoost Design Problems, Engine Flaws
Ford Sued Over EcoBoost Design Problems, Engine Flaws
Old April 14th, 2014, 8:08 AM
CF Pro Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Never could understand why anyone would buy an Ecoboost........

Allan
Old April 15th, 2014, 12:21 AM
CF Active Member

Originally Posted by Allan In NE
Never could understand why anyone would buy an Ecoboost........

Allan
LOL!! can't stand the sound of them - they sound like the old mid 80's 3.8L in the Buick Regals -

So far I'm quite pleased with my Chevrolet pickup except for:
the TPMS
ABS brakes
Stabiltrak
the PATHETICALLY stupid and worthless traction control
and the pathetically stupid warning light on the dash that warns me the roads might possibly be icy.
I hate that crap bad.

And the speed limiter being set at 98 mph.

It kills me that the government and the manufactures don't want us driving our own vehicles any more.

And I'm very pleased that it's not a Dodge.
Old April 15th, 2014, 7:54 AM
Administrator

Received 43 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Pugly
LOL!! can't stand the sound of them - they sound like the old mid 80's 3.8L in the Buick Regals -

So far I'm quite pleased with my Chevrolet pickup except for:
the TPMS
ABS brakes
Stabiltrak
the PATHETICALLY stupid and worthless traction control
and the pathetically stupid warning light on the dash that warns me the roads might possibly be icy.
I hate that crap bad.

And the speed limiter being set at 98 mph.

It kills me that the government and the manufactures don't want us driving our own vehicles any more.

And I'm very pleased that it's not a Dodge.
A lot of those "features" are in place because people do stupid things and then choose to sue the manufacture ... the speed limiter is to keep people from driving faster then what the tire is rated for... SUV's and trucks are top heavy and are not designed for high speed turns but people do it anyway, get hurt and sue...
tire pressure is monitored because people want better MPG out of a 6000lbs vehicle...just search the threads and see how many post there are on " how can I get better MPG out of my truck or SUV"....
Traction control and ice warning is the same thing... people get into a warm vehicle and drive like its 80 degrees out, sunny and dry when in reality its 29 degrees raining and black ice has been on the ground for the past 3 days...

Don't do stupid stuff that gets people killed and companies sued and those features won't be implemented... " Cause and Effect"

Edit: I will temper those comments with those features also protect those with common sense, from the occasional mistake....

Old April 15th, 2014, 12:01 PM
CF Active Member

I certainly understand the reason for those systems - I just wish I had the option to turn them off without having a warning light glaring at me all the time.

My tires are prematurely wearing out in the center because they are over inflated for my driving and load conditions to keep the stupid TPMS light from coming on. How much money did that save me?? 65 psi in the rear on an empty truck is too much - period. And I'm the one paying for the gas - not them.

I wish I had a dollar for every time I pushed my cars past 100 mph on old bias ply tires.

The stupid icy condition light comes on even when the closest piece of ice in in my freezer.

Yes stupid people do drive and it's sad that all of us have to pay for it. The real problem are the judges who award huge sums of money to stupid people.

It's time to remove all warning labels and cleanse the gene pool.

Last edited by Pugly; April 15th, 2014 at 12:03 PM.

Quick Reply: Done with Chevy