Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

Door Lock Actuators

Search this Thread

Old April 22nd, 2011, 5:34 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Door Lock Actuators

Is anyone besides me experiencing trouble with their Power locks? Anytime I lock the doors either with the keyless entry, or on the door, the Driver door, passenger door, and passenger side rear door are not locking/unlocking. I have taken it to the Chevrolet house and they advised it would be $645 to replace all 3 since I am out of warranty. Are there any other alternatives to fixing this?
Old April 22nd, 2011, 6:10 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Welcome to the forum. Did all three actuators stop working all of a sudden? Did they give you the quote after running diagnostics or is that a worst case scenario?
Old April 22nd, 2011, 6:26 PM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

get them off ebay and just take your truck to another dealer to be flashed.
now wait what kind of truck do you have?
so anyway check the fuses and tell us the results
Old April 23rd, 2011, 6:52 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by EinST
Welcome to the forum. Did all three actuators stop working all of a sudden? Did they give you the quote after running diagnostics or is that a worst case scenario?
Yes, pretty much all at the same time... Occasionally, one of the ones that is giving me trouble will work... I have checked the fuses and all, but the fuses are fine... They did not run diagnostics, i just went in and asked for a quote to replace all 3... Maybe i should have them run diagnostics?
Old April 23rd, 2011, 6:56 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by QUETRANPA
get them off ebay and just take your truck to another dealer to be flashed.
now wait what kind of truck do you have?
so anyway check the fuses and tell us the results
I have an 08 chevy silverado LTZ/Z71... Im just not sure what kind to buy off of ebay that will work on my truck.. Do you know? Ive checked the fuses, they are fine.
Old April 23rd, 2011, 10:29 AM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Acop305
Yes, pretty much all at the same time... Occasionally, one of the ones that is giving me trouble will work... I have checked the fuses and all, but the fuses are fine... They did not run diagnostics, i just went in and asked for a quote to replace all 3... Maybe i should have them run diagnostics?
There's always a possibility that the problem is in the electrical wiring. I'm not sure what will happen if you specifically ask them to replace the parts and then it turns out the problem is elsewhere. Anyway, the door lock actuator is actually part of the latch assembly on the 2008 and thus we're talking about different parts for each side and probably front and back as well. The quote doesn't seem excessive.