Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

Electrical power problem

Search this Thread

Old February 16th, 2009, 11:48 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Electrical power problem

Hello i've got a weird problem . A couple of weeks ago i was returning home from work in a snowstorm an was hitting snow drifts and my alt quit a couple of times . A week later i get code. P0332 (Knock Sensor 2 Circuit low imput Bank 2) I also notice that wen ihit the brakes, power windows ,locks, rear defrost that the dash lights will dim . I erased the code and it came back a couple of days later . Have checked all grounds and connections and still no luck. Was wondering if maby it is something in the alt causing this. Also what kind of fuel milage are people getting out of these trucks i have notseenanything above 16 mpg.It is a 2005 silveraldo 4by4 4.8L.
Old February 19th, 2009, 2:56 PM
Super Moderator

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Sounds like a grounding problem. More than likely just one wire or connection knocked loose by the snow drifts you were draggin' through. Hows that engine to frame ground strap? Negative cable clean and tight? How about the terminal at the engine block just under the alternator on the driver side?(Alt. wire leads straight to it.) If I were you, I'd disconnect the negative side of the battery and go over the engine compartment with a fine tooth comb.