Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

Electrical Problems - Help

Search this Thread

Old March 24th, 2008, 11:36 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Electrical Problems - Help

My beloved 2001 Silverado 2WD has 3 electrical problems below.I appreciate anyones advice on what I have to do/replace to fix them:

1.) The passenger-side power window is not working right. It rolls down very very very slowly, and will not go back-up unless I phycially help it back up. Any suggestions on what I have to do/replace to fix it?

2.) Sometimes the fuel gauge will show empty (even though it has plenty of gas in it). Then, the fuel gauge will suddenly goto to proper reading. Any suggestions on what I have to do/replace to fix it?

3.) Sometimes the red battery light will suddenly come on, and off, randomly. The battery gauge always shows a strong 14 to 15 volts, regardless if the red battery light is flickering on and off. The battery is good, and the alternator has been tested to be good as well. Any suggestions on what I have to do/replace to fix it? I believe I heard this is/was a common problem for GM trucks?

Thank you
Old March 24th, 2008, 2:10 PM
CF Active Member

Default RE: Electrical Problems - Help

First one sounds like a window motor problem, not quite sure how to test that one besides just going to a parts dealer and telling them you think you might need a motor, and if it doesn't fix it, return it.

No idea on the other 2, I'm sure someone here's got the answers/suggestions
Old March 31st, 2008, 11:36 AM
CF Beginner

Default RE: Electrical Problems - Help

the second problem is probably your fuel gauge. my dad had a 99 2500 and the same thing happened to it. the problem is that you have to change the fuel pump also, because they are hooked into each other