Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

Engine literally flooded

Search this Thread

Old March 25th, 2010, 9:44 PM
Super Moderator
Professional Mechanic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Engine literally flooded

Does it run again? If so pull the vac line off the regulator and look for gas.
Old March 25th, 2010, 9:45 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine literally flooded

I put this in the wrong forum to start with, sorry!

I said my hellos in the new member section, so I hope I'm clear to post a question here. A co-worker of my son has a 1999 Silverado 4x4 with the 5.3 that quit running on him. It supposedly had a miss for a while and he had changed to plugs and it didn't help. He drove it to the store and it would not restart. We trailered in to my house and it would not turn over. I pulled the plugs and fuel ran out of three or four cylinders, and all the plugs are soaked with fuel. It was literally hydro locked with fuel. Do you suspect a bad fuel <nobr style="color: darkgreen; font-weight: normal; font-size: 100%; font-family: verdana,geneva,lucida,'lucida grande',arial,helvetica,sans-serif;" id="itxt_nobr_0_0">pressure</nobr> regulator. I can't see all of the injectors leaking at the same time. The check engine light is not on. I will hook it to my scanner this weekend, but thought it would be best to get some input. Thanks for any help you can give. Rick
Old March 25th, 2010, 9:48 PM
CF Beginner

I just letting the shop air out. There was fuel running everywhere and I didn't want to burn the shop down. I will start looking further tomorrow. I see I put this in the wrong section, so I moved it to the Silverado section, sorry
Old March 25th, 2010, 10:32 PM
CF Beginner

Just checked the regulator, and it has fuel in the vacuum line. I'd say it is bad.