Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

ESC can't find it

Search this Thread

Old September 29th, 2014, 9:06 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ESC can't find it

Electronic spark control on a 1994 Chevy pick up 5.7 this year they don't have them. if it does i cant find it. its sending the 43 & 82 one is the knocks sensor and i replaced it and the other is shift solenoids replaced them. The thing is it only starts acting up when it warms up. it runs good but the transmission shifts late and very hard. you have to let off the gas and then it will shift. i had the trans rebuilt about forty thousand miles a go. Any suggestions would be great.I love this old truck i purchased it new and have driven it ever sense.
Old September 30th, 2014, 6:35 AM
CF Pro Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Replace your fuel filter. Bet it's plugged.

Allan
Old September 30th, 2014, 8:43 AM
CF Beginner

Thanks i will do that today. It runs great just shifts to late or not until i let off the gas. The dealer thinks it could be the ECM. But i'm not willing to try that just yet. it's around four hundred for a new ECM.
Old September 30th, 2014, 8:59 AM
CF Pro Member

A dealer told you that? Sometimes, ya just gotta shake your head.

I know it's messy, but when you get the old one off, try to blow thru it. If you feel a lot of resistance, you've found your problem.

The chances of an ECM going bad are just bout slim and none. That dealer should know that.

Allan
Old September 30th, 2014, 2:27 PM
CF Beginner

I don't ever like taking my cars or trucks to a dealer unless it's under warrantee.
Well I changed the fuel filter out at my lunch time. I should know on my way home in a couple hours. I will let you know. Thanks for your time very appreciated.
Old September 30th, 2014, 7:27 PM
CF Beginner

Replacing the fuel filter didn’t work. Does anyone know if behind the shift solenoids if they have springs and do they ever brake? When i replaced them one came out like a rocket the other not so much. Could it have a broken spring?
Old October 2nd, 2014, 8:32 AM
CF Pro Member

If ALL shifts are late and harsh, something external is causing the high line pressure. Knee-jerk thought is either a plugged CAT or faulty TPS.

If this guy were in my shop, I'd have the pressure gauge on 'er and a scanner to watch if the shifts are even being commanded, which I doubt they are.

Does the truck seem a little "doggy"? Can you hear a whistle at the tailpipe when you crack the throttle?

Allan
Old October 3rd, 2014, 9:02 AM
CF Beginner

Thanks Allan, it doesn't have a whistle at the tailpipe. It only starts to actup when the truck gets hot. In the morning on my way to work it runs great andshifts great. On my way home at the end of the day it starts up. First gearwill not shift into second gear. When I take off, I have to get up around threethousand RPM then let off the gas and then it will shift but skips second andgoes into drive, and then once the RPM is back up it will shift into over drivelike it should. It’s like something stops telling it not to shift. Thanks forall your suggestions I will keep trying everything I’m patient. I just don’t wantto keep driving it like this. The codes haven’t changed 43 and 82.