Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

exhaust question

Search this Thread

Old April 24th, 2011, 2:12 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default exhaust question

Has anyone out there experimented with putting after market exhaust on a 2010 Silverado, 5.3 liter with the active fuel management(drops cylinders for fuel economy). The last truck I put dual exhaust on with this feature, made it sound terrible when switching in and out of 8 cylinders. Any suggestions? Anything sound good even when the AFM kicks in?
<!-- END TEMPLATE: newpost_preview -->
Old April 24th, 2011, 5:21 PM
e
CF Senior Member

Im running a magnaflow catback on a Tahoe with the AFM. Can't even tell when it kicks in. We install Corsa catbacks at the shop all the time on the 5.3 and 6.0 and customers never complained about it either. We do not sell dual exhaust however. This is mainly due to the fit issues will prefabbed kits. They are a SOB to get straight and always seem to hang to low for our liking.

I would have a corsa and not a magnaflow on my tahoe if they had the side rear exit and not the back exit. my .02
Old April 24th, 2011, 9:48 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by e
Im running a magnaflow catback on a Tahoe with the AFM. Can't even tell when it kicks in. We install Corsa catbacks at the shop all the time on the 5.3 and 6.0 and customers never complained about it either. We do not sell dual exhaust however. This is mainly due to the fit issues will prefabbed kits. They are a SOB to get straight and always seem to hang to low for our liking.

I would have a corsa and not a magnaflow on my tahoe if they had the side rear exit and not the back exit. my .02
Are the corsa sold everywhere? Im in Springfield Missouri. Ive heard of the Magnaflow and know its sold around here. Thanks.
Old April 24th, 2011, 9:51 PM
CF Beginner

Are the Corsa exhaust sold everywhere in the US? Im north of Springfield Missouri. Thanks for the reply.
Old April 25th, 2011, 6:20 AM
e
CF Senior Member

yep, you should be able to get it almost anywhere. Im not sure if corsa has a dealer locator on their site or not.....