Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

Faster Crew Cab

Search this Thread

Old September 28th, 2010, 12:38 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Faster Crew Cab

I have a 08 Silverado crew cab 5.3. Awesome truck by the way! I want to make my truck faster. Everything is stock except flow masters and cold air intake. What else would be good to add and in what order? I have about 2K to spend at this time and want to spend it wisely. Any advice would help. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" /><o></o>
Old September 28th, 2010, 2:28 PM
CF Junior Member

With what you already have done I would go with a bigger throttle body(don't go too big or you'll kill your power band[and don't forget to port match the intake to the throttle body]), a computer programmer and some headers.

Anything that improves the airflow into and out of the combustion chamber will increase the performance and give bigger Horsepower/Torque numbers. Headers, full exhaust, Throttle body, changing the heads(if you're so inclined to under take that kind of work) computer programmer/ing. If you've got the money to spend go on sites like summitracing and jegs and see what you can find that you would like to put on/do to your truck.

Last edited by stock s10; September 28th, 2010 at 2:32 PM.
Old September 28th, 2010, 3:56 PM
CF Active Member

you can do a custom computer. but that won't cost much. headers don't do much for a 5.3l and only other thing would be, that I can think of is to get nos (I would not do nos) or get a cam for it. other than that you will need to spend more than 2k.