Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

Fuel injection to Carb' Swap-1995 2wdRegCab-ECU HELP

Search this Thread

Old June 10th, 2012 | 1:06 PM
CF Beginner

ok no offense, but no. By the way you type and the your word choice, you REALLY seem like you have no idea about, well anything dealing with a ECU. I talked to my teacher, who is a ASE mater auto tech and ha has given me some inside information on memory addresses and codes being set that disable the SCM and it looks like no one is of any help to me. I guess i will drive it without an airbag.
Old June 10th, 2012 | 4:26 PM
CF Monarch

I don't think the ecm will need anything as it will send fuel signals to the pcm with no results since there is no end device.
Now you might have issues with if it has an electric choke. Give it a shot, then go from there.
Old June 11th, 2012 | 6:23 PM
CF Beginner

nothing? So then how will the irbag deploy of nothing is fed into the ecu?
Old June 11th, 2012 | 6:53 PM
CF Monarch

Why are you worried about the airbag?
Old June 12th, 2012 | 12:01 AM
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by Doug Roberts
Yeah cuz most do alarms and know the electronics inside and out you may have to shop around but Ecu is kinda a black box to most people
Originally Posted by agentruley
ok no offense, but no. By the way you type and the your word choice, you REALLY seem like you have no idea about, well anything dealing with a ECU. I talked to my teacher, who is a ASE mater auto tech and ha has given me some inside information on memory addresses and codes being set that disable the SCM and it looks like no one is of any help to me. I guess i will drive it without an airbag.
Nope I don't but you don't too lol so good luck with trees and oncoming car and yeah I took offense I was trying to help looking on alldatta that is 265 $ a month but good luck a$$ hole