Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

GM Tow Mirror upgrade

Search this Thread

Old July 24th, 2015, 9:43 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GM Tow Mirror upgrade

Anyone who can shed some light on this issue would be greatly appreciated. I have a 2011 Chevy Silverado 1500 Crew Cab. OE mirrors are power only. I would like to upgrade to the GM Tow Mirrors. I've been told and have read I can and can't upgrade to the "heated" & "turn signal" options by simply purchasing the tow mirrors with those 2 options. The install on the tow mirror is a breeze and I have no issue with that part...but would just like to know if anyone knows if it will be a plug-n-play install if i get the heat and signal option. I was told by a couple people if the OE mirrors didn't come with those options...then you can't buy mirrors with those options and expect them to work. Others have told me if the OE mirrors have the "power" option, then the wiring for the heat and signal is already in the wiring harness and you'll have heat and signals. Before I drop the money, sure would like to know what I'm dealing with. Thanks all.
Old July 24th, 2015, 9:44 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

...by the way, this is the LT trim line.