Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

Is this a good exhaust system?

Search this Thread

Old June 16th, 2009 | 2:09 AM
CF Beginner

Default Is this a good exhaust system?

Here is what I plan for the system, with some pipe in between the H-pipe and the mufflers. Probably dumped, might have tailpipes added at a shop, straight out the back. Look good? Or do I have it all screwed up. Remember, I am dropping a 355 in, ultimate TBI mods will be done.
Old June 16th, 2009 | 10:06 AM
CF Active Member

The link directs us to an empty shopping cart; Summit uses IP tracking and cookies to track the shopping cart. It'd be easier if you linked us to the individual parts, etc.

As for the 355, have fun with that! =]
Old June 16th, 2009 | 10:15 AM
CF Beginner

Crap, I didn't know that. Ok, here are the parts:
Headers; reducers; h-pipe; mufflers. There will be two mufflers, of course. Headers>reducers>h-pipe>pipe to back of cab>mufflers. Maybe tail pipes straight out the back.
Old June 16th, 2009 | 1:14 PM
CF Active Member

I've always loved the way tailpipes look straight out the back; it's how mine are, after all. =]
I like the headers, but I personally think you'd enjoy larger piping. 2 1/4 isn't very large; I personally would go with 3", but that's just my taste; yours may be very different. I'd also recommend a different muffler; I'm a fan of Flowmaster, Magnaflow, and Borla; but again, your tastes in tone may be different.

Last edited by Blindsight; June 16th, 2009 at 1:27 PM.
Old June 16th, 2009 | 3:05 PM
CF Beginner

Flowmaster is ok. I have had dual glass packs on a couple of 355 equipped vehicles before. I read on another forum I am on (http://www.fullsizechevy.com) that the Dynomax is a good muffler. It was recommended to get it, or the Magnaflow.
I like the way the ram air 350 Firebirds and Camaros sound, the ones that have exhaust work done. A guy around the corner from me has a Firebird, ram air, headers, and side pipes. I think it is straight pipes with no mufflers though. It is loud, and has that rasp to it when he shifts. His car sounds like it has some mods to it though.
My oldest bro has a cat-back Flowmaster dual package on his Mustang, headers too. It sounds good, and I can get the exact same set for $100 BNIB from my BIL. It is the Delta 40 set up. I was going to do that, but decided to get Dynomax instead.
Old June 16th, 2009 | 3:43 PM
CF Monarch

Any namebrand muffler is a good muffler.
I'm a big fan of the Flowmasters tone myself.
Old June 16th, 2009 | 4:19 PM
CF Beginner

Should I go with dual 2.25 or dual 2.5 pipe/mufflers? It is only $8 difference, for the reducers, h-pipe, and mufflers. Mild 355, more stock. Plan on future cam upgrade though.
Also, will I need a new chip, or will a stock 350 chip work? If it will run decently with the stock one, that is ok for now. When I do the upgrades later on I can get a chip then, if that will work.
Old June 16th, 2009 | 4:22 PM
CF Monarch

2.5" is what I have on my 350.
Old June 16th, 2009 | 4:30 PM
CF Beginner

2.5 it is then. What about the chip?
Also, can I get the electronic spark control module used, or should I buy a new one?
Old June 16th, 2009 | 6:23 PM
Super Moderator

Buy a new Esc module, and I also have 2.5 good setup! I have that rasp when I shift also and all I have is a Cat and two Flowmasters!

Quick Reply: Is this a good exhaust system?