Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

Good Price? - 2008 Chevy Silverado

Search this Thread

Old June 15th, 2012, 4:09 AM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Np Bobby. Just fyi, kbb is never really an accurate real world value indicator. Again, depending on the options, and how easy they r selling, determines the pricing. In Florida, that truck will sell all day long at that price. I would bet u probably won't talk them down further than 23k flat. Little tool to help with the negotiation. Go there and get the best deal on a brand new truck. My local dealer quoted me 30k otd for a new truck. So when I went looking for a used truck, the dealer had a hard time justifying selling me a three or four year old truck for 6 - 7k less. Also helped with my trade as I already had the dealer locked in on a value for my truck.
Old June 15th, 2012, 6:57 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by ericnottelin
Np Bobby. Just fyi, kbb is never really an accurate real world value indicator. Again, depending on the options, and how easy they r selling, determines the pricing. In Florida, that truck will sell all day long at that price. I would bet u probably won't talk them down further than 23k flat. Little tool to help with the negotiation. Go there and get the best deal on a brand new truck. My local dealer quoted me 30k otd for a new truck. So when I went looking for a used truck, the dealer had a hard time justifying selling me a three or four year old truck for 6 - 7k less. Also helped with my trade as I already had the dealer locked in on a value for my truck.
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> I have a feeling that they are going to come back with something like $23,000 also. The list was and is $23,999 and I offered $21,399 which I know that they will not go that low on. Only things that I can see being disappointing about this vehicle is it needs a bed liner. Do you have any idea how much they are or if I can negotiate that into the price (them installing the bed liner). The DIC is not major I can get that anytime or I can just use something like the Ultra Gauge (UltraGauge Automotive Information Center and OBDII Scan Tool) for a while to hold me over. Heck I may even like the Ultra Gauge more.

I dealt with this Dealership before and they had a 2008 Silverado Crew LT1 for sale and was listed at 22,999 and I was able to get them down to $20,899 so I think that they have some play. That truck was not as nice at this GMC and did not have the 6-Speed. Needless to say before I got to see it – it SOLD.

I am going to see about that deal on a new TRUCK also. That tip can surely help me with negotiating! Thanks! Will keep you posted!
Old June 15th, 2012, 8:56 AM
CF Active Member

In reference to the bed liner. Around here, the good spray in ones (Rhino Lining - avoid Line-X) is around $300.00. You can get a drop in for around $200.00. I would spend the extra 100 for the spray in.

I think you are going to like the DIC as it gives you additional options like when the doors will lock automatically and when they will unlock.

Again, if you really like the truck (and GMCs are nice) then waiting over a few extra bucks may ultimately bit you in the tush (ie it is sold to someone else!!).
Old June 15th, 2012, 9:04 AM
CF Beginner

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> The only thing that I am worried about the spray ones are that Dirt and Mulch will not easily slide out of the bed. Is that the case? Are they a little rubberized?

Here are the quotes I got for Rhino.

Under rail $545.00 + tax. Over rail $615.00 + tax.

I think I would do traditional DROP IN.

Then maybe I should get the DIC since it is only $100.00. I can have a local dealer install but they will probably want a lot. Maybe this is something I can do myself….But I think you said to go to dealer and they will buy and install.

I really do like it and fussing over 1,500 is not going to kill me and I think in the long run (since I will have this 7+ year) it will be worth it.

I am still waiting for the dealer reply.
Old June 15th, 2012, 10:57 AM
CF Active Member

First, do the DIC yourself. It was super easy. I had mine installed in 15 minutes. That included walking the tool box to and from the shed.

As far as the drop in vs spray in. The drop in is usually easier to clean. However, by their very nature, things slide around alot. I got tired of my 100 lb tool box (that i leave in the truck) slamming back and forth every time i stopped and accelerated (and no I drive like and old lady). The spray ins are nice and do limit the sliding around. Things still slide but not nearly as easily. So which ever fits your budget and needs. I just prefer the look and function of a spray in. Caution, DO NOT let them spray your bed rails. They will streak black lines down the outer side of your bed when it rains. Get actual bed rail caps. Made that mistake and discovered it is a common problem.

When I get mulch and loads of dirt, I have a tarp that I lay down as a liner (draps slightly over the bed rails). When I get down to the bottom of a load, I just begin to drag it out and dump the remainder of the load into the wheel barrel. This helps me get every bit of the dirt I bought as well as making cleaning the bed real easy.
Old June 15th, 2012, 1:12 PM
CF Beginner

Well I got a call back from the dealer. They can do $22,677. I was thinking that they would not do anything at all.

I still would have to get bed liner and DIC.

Other than that you all think its a good price?
Old June 15th, 2012, 3:56 PM
CF Active Member

Originally Posted by Boucher187
Well I got a call back from the dealer. They can do $22,677. I was thinking that they would not do anything at all.

I still would have to get bed liner and DIC.

Other than that you all think its a good price?
Without seeing the truck in person it is really hard to tell. Go drive it and see what u think. Look at the interior and see how it was maintained. The dealer can detail it, but usually can't take out set in stains. Check under hood at the painted areas. Look for excessive scratches and dirt. Mine looked like it was brand new. A truck that was taken off road alot will look worn. Check fender bolts to see if they have been removed - this a sign of a potential crash repair. Also, look underneith. Looking for same things. Check service records. If vehicle was serviced at any gm dealer, they will have all the records in the service dept computer. Lastly, go with ur gut!!! It rarely steers u wrong.
Old June 16th, 2012, 6:35 AM
CF Beginner

Without seeing the truck in person it is really hard to tell. Go drive it and see what u think. Look at the interior and see how it was maintained. The dealer can detail it, but usually can't take out set in stains. Check under hood at the painted areas. Look for excessive scratches and dirt. Mine looked like it was brand new. A truck that was taken off road alot will look worn. Check fender bolts to see if they have been removed - this a sign of a potential crash repair. Also, look underneith. Looking for same things. Check service records. If vehicle was serviced at any gm dealer, they will have all the records in the service dept computer. Lastly, go with ur gut!!! It rarely steers u wrong.
The photos are here.

http://www.rbfries.com/VehicleDetail...-PA/1766336933

It is really nice shape. I am going to take a test drive soon! Only 1 hour to go and I may officially be a member of this FORUM! :-)
Old June 16th, 2012, 4:41 PM
CF Active Member

Originally Posted by Boucher187
The photos are here.

http://www.rbfries.com/VehicleDetail...-PA/1766336933

It is really nice shape. I am going to take a test drive soon! Only 1 hour to go and I may officially be a member of this FORUM! :-)

Well, since I went to the link and it advised me the vehicle was sold, I assume you got the truck!!! I think you are going to be really happy with that truck. I look forward to the pictures.

I hope I'm the first to say CONGRATS!!!!!
Old June 18th, 2012, 9:19 AM
CF Beginner

Well, since I went to the link and it advised me the vehicle was sold, I assume you got the truck!!! I think you are going to be really happy with that truck. I look forward to the pictures.

I hope I'm the first to say CONGRATS!!!!!
You are the first. I love it so far. I got it with a half gallon tank (Not sure why the dealer did not fill) but I drove 200 Miles this weekend and burned just a quarter tank. Glad I got the 6-Speed. Really fun to drive. I think I have a few more chest hairs after purchasing this. Can't wait to get some mods and more involved.

Looking at getting it undercoated now. Prices I am getting are between $400.00 - $500.00. Sound reasonable?
Attached Thumbnails Good Price? - 2008 Chevy Silverado-img_20120617_182041.jpg   Good Price? - 2008 Chevy Silverado-img_20120617_182053.jpg   Good Price? - 2008 Chevy Silverado-img_20120617_182111.jpg   Good Price? - 2008 Chevy Silverado-img_20120617_182127.jpg  

Quick Reply: Good Price? - 2008 Chevy Silverado