Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

Got truck back

Search this Thread

Old April 29th, 2009, 4:22 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Got truck back

i got my truck back from the dealer they replaced my o2 sensor to its original position which improved my performance but my problem is still there!! They scanned it and put it on the scope, and did a compression check all came back A ok!! The only thing they could tell me is that my clutch needs replaced which i already knew!!! Let me clarify my problem when i push in my clutch i can watch the rpms drop to about 300 and then go up over 1000 then settle at about 800. It idles fine and runs fine!! They guy at the dealer said he test drove it and felt nothing sure enough in there parking lot when i left it did it!! Oh and when the engine is cold its fine *** soon as it warms up it happens. only notice it in parking lots and at some stops
Old April 29th, 2009, 7:39 PM
Super Moderator
Ride of the Month
May 2009

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is it possible the clutch is the problem?
If it needs replacing maybe when it warms up it is binding a little when you push in the clutch pedal at an idle and causing the rpm surging.
Old April 29th, 2009, 8:14 PM
Classifieds Moderator
TruckForums Liaison

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't even want to know how much money you got into that truck Mr. Suzuki because you have been chasing this thing forever. You could probably buy yourself a decent Geo Metro by now haha. Lemme tell ya you have a lot more patience than I do

I would go ahead and replace the clutch like Mudmaniac said, hell that could be your problem, you never know.
Old April 29th, 2009, 8:53 PM
Super Moderator

yeah but if you push it in at idle it doesent do it its only if you push it in to slow down from normal speed. I have to replace it anyways the throwout bearing is really growling so i guess well see if that fixes it
Old April 29th, 2009, 8:54 PM
Super Moderator
Professional Mechanic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Take it back to the dealer and complain. Take the shop foreman and lead tech for a ride and show them the problem. For what you have spent on this problem you could have shipped the truck to me. Who has been doing the work until now? Who switched the engines? Sounds like there has been may different problems
Old April 29th, 2009, 10:25 PM
Super Moderator

me and my grandpa switched engines 150,000 miles ago, i have done all the work i know a lot about engines been working on them for awhile just new to the emissions thing. I am just stumped wish i could ship it to you!!! could the clutch be the source?
Old April 30th, 2009, 7:29 AM
Super Moderator
Professional Mechanic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Anything is possible but without actually feeling/seeing it is hard to say. Based on you description I doubt it. One thing I have learned in talking to customers is everyone describes thing differently