Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

headers,high flow cats, x-pipe

Search this Thread

Old July 13th, 2010, 5:39 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default headers,high flow cats, x-pipe

I know its been discussed but how much of a performance gain will my truck see from doin these simple mods to help air flow? Its a 01 silverado z71 with a volant cai and bullydog power pup on it already but i'm lookin to get a lil more out of it.
Old July 13th, 2010, 6:56 PM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

when I did it to my other suburban I did not think I got that much out of it. for the amount it cost I would not do it again. Also the 5.3 if you have looked have a tube like design to it, even though it is still a manifold.
Old July 13th, 2010, 8:33 PM
Super Moderator
Professional Mechanic

I would be surprised if you feel much difference if any.
Old July 13th, 2010, 10:34 PM
CF Active Member

The other thing is you talk about all the things you want to add. They would give you more power. not sure how much, but could be very little. those type of things would work better and give you more, but would make better and more power on a high peformance motor, and not so much a stock one. I want to point out when you add all this little stuff on to try and get more power,and add up the cost, in the end you could have not got any of that stuff and put a little more money with it and done somthing really cool and give you more of what you where looking for. I did so much with my last suburban and still did not have what I wanted, so this time I did it right, and got what I wanted. best part is I am still not done.
Old July 14th, 2010, 12:47 AM
Super Moderator

so should i just save my money and do the electric fan conversion kit?
Old July 14th, 2010, 12:06 PM
CF Active Member

A lot of people seem to like the fan conversion and have said they felt power gains. I could not tell if I gained any power or not.
Old July 15th, 2010, 11:27 AM
Super Moderator

but with all the stuff you've done to your truck you shouldn't be able to feel it like it would...at least i wouldn't think since all i've done was the cai and the programmer
Old July 15th, 2010, 12:20 PM
CF Active Member

I did not feel the gain in power from the fans becuase of all the other stuff done, like you said. but I have herd nothing but good about putting them on and getting more power. It really don't cost much to do, unless you get the nice flex-fan kit. what I used for my truck only cost about $250 or so.
Old July 15th, 2010, 3:25 PM
Super Moderator

where'd you order your's from? Because like i said i want a little more power and i hear they do help with mpgs
Old July 18th, 2010, 7:15 PM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by country_09
where'd you order your's from? Because like i said i want a little more power and i hear they do help with mpgs
i believe the 05+ E-fans will fit on a 01. first place i would go is a wrecking yard. make sure you get all of the harness. if not BlackBear sells then, and get a real tune from him also..

good luck

Quick Reply: headers,high flow cats, x-pipe